Thursday

Summer Frenzy and a White Vanity

I have to laugh at myself.  (Okay, I do that A LOT.)  I always imagine summer as this warm, breezy, relaxing, fun- and cookout-filled time with family.  Then reality sets in and we run around with our hair on fire trying to fit in all the activities.  I KNOW I'm not the only one!


Luckily, I have this blog that forces me to stop for a moment and WRITE and think and reflect on how very much fun I'm having doing what I do.  So, thank you for reading and commenting and letting me know that you enjoy it too!


Clearly I've become WORSE about taking before photos of my projects!  I just get so excited to jump right in! (Is it too soon to start listing my 2013 New Year's Resolutions?)


I found this vanity on Craigslist and it was in such good shape that I actually considered leaving it unpainted and putting it in my booth with just updated fabric on the bench and new pulls.



I am so glad I changed my mind!


I think she's FOXY!  
(Yes, I know.  No one says FOXY anymore.  Except me!)


Since there are about 546 pieces of furniture currently in the garage, we have to park 2 of the cars outside.  I thought I'd try my hand at the 'mosiac' feature on my photo editor, so you wouldn't have to look at the reflection of the cars!



Fun, right?  I hope you're having a great summer too!

 
Linking up here:  
What Have You Redone? at Redoux 
Furniture Friday at Decorating Insanity
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed 
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time On My Hands
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Stinky Linky at Hating Martha 
Feature Friday Free for All at 5 Days 5 Ways


13 comments:

  1. wow! that is gorgeous! iLOVE the hardware! where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Gorgeous! Wowz. I'm all for painting furniture. I actually prefer it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great, it would fit in my zebra prints daughters room very nicely.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foxy is right...rawr! Love the zebra print and the hardware is to die for. I wanna know where you got them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Anything with added zebra or leopard print is a winner in my book!
    ~betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes furniture should stay stained; sometimes painted is better - this is SO BEAUTIFUL!! Love that hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! I only wish I had a garage!! My basement is becoming a BIG mess! Your work rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...she wants to play! I was wondering what was up with the mirror...what a great idea to get rid of the nasty reflection. She's gorgeous and I love the pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm normally a fan of unpainted wood, but you're right - this one was just dying to be bright white. Gorgeous! :) Love the zebra on the seat, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks LOVELY!!!! My 13 year old daughter would drool - especially at the Zebra stool. I've slowly started painting my older pieces... for you know, drama! ;) Newest follower here!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori this is absolutely gorgeous and looks like it just walked off a show room floor. Hopefully walking out of your booth too! I love that you used "Foxy". You are from my generation!

    I am glad there is someone else out there whose garage is so full of furniture they cannot park their car in there either. Not really glad, just makes me feel not quite as bad....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Foxy with a dash of drama, mama!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment & say something dramatic (you know you want to)! I may not always reply, but I read and cherish every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...