I really was itching to take on a larger project when this beauty came into my life. And yes, I could punch myself for not taking better before pictures of the table itself!
It was a nice sturdy set, it just looked a little tired. I loved that it had 2 leaves and 6 chairs! I had visions of grandeur!
I started by adding these wood details to the 2 arm chairs.
Then I got down to
brass tacks staples. 4,673 staples and 3 band-aids later, I had the seat covers off! Whew!
Okay, so not a lot of photos of the "during" phase, but let's just say it was time consuming!! I used a Sherwin Williams oil-based enamel paint (I wanted this baby to last). I will say, about 10 minutes into the painting process, I was wishing for my good old latex. But I finished painting, gave it some subtle distressing and sealed it off with a few coats of a clear protective polyurethane and here's the result!
I loved the lattice back of these chairs and I thought some great whimsical fabrics would really bring out the fun!
Fabric after and before the upholstery makeover.
The bad news is that my eyes were totally bigger than my stomach (or I should say, dining room) with this project! It doesn't fit! I'm so sad! But, lucky for someone else, that means it's going up for sale! Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you all the details, measurements, etc.