Thursday

Brown Paper Packages...

  ...are pretty boring, tied up with string or not.


Here's a cutie-patootie way to make them better - no cutting machine or vinyl required!

I found these foam stamps and decided I couldn't live another day without them.  I had no idea what I'd use them for, but that's beside the point (right?)


I thought stamping with paint would be a great way to spruce up some plain craft paper for a couple of birthday gifts! (I know you're admiring my well-loved drop cloth)


I started out by dipping the letters into the paint that I'd poured into a styrofoam produce thingy, but after about 2 letters I realized it would be A LOT less messy to just paint the foam stamps with a small brush.


See the difference?  Less paint = better.


I washed the paint off the stamps and let them dry in the sun.  


Now there will be no question who these came from! (crazy-paint-everything-girl)




Pin It
Happy Birthday to my baby! I love you sweet Collin Miles!



Linking these packages here:
One Project At a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons
Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie
Anything Goes at Type A Decorating
Tuesday Time Out at Reasons To Skip the Housework
Show Me What Ya Got at Not JUST a Housewife
Turquiose Lovin' at Sweet Little Gals
Show and Share at Vintage Gwen
Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty Decorating
Crafty Scrappy Happy Me. Thursday



7 comments:

  1. I like them! Where did you find the stamps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam, I cheated! They're actually Stampin' Up Stamps (2005). I found them at a thrift store for $3.25. A steal! Someone had donated their entire scrapbooking and stamping collection, so I scored some amazing things!

      Delete
  2. Dang...those are cute...hang them on the wall...hmmmm...that's an idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a pretty easy way to make subway art, too! I didn't think of it, but that's got to be much less expensive than using adhesive vinyl! You're brilliant!

      Delete
  3. I want to believe that is bird doo.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, ya got me! I just didn't want you to think I'd lay my sweet child's birthday presents next to excrement - ha! ~L

      Delete
  4. What a nice idea! I hope to find some letter stamps like that one day (no luck so far).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment & say something dramatic (you know you want to)! I may not always reply, but I read and cherish every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...