Wednesday

Inspired By Pinterest - fixing broken makeup!

  I won't lie to you and tell you that I've been spending a great deal of money on makeup lately.

Most days, I'm in "paint clothes" with my hair piled on top of my head, with only eyeliner and mascara to disguise my lack of sleep.
However, it still stinks when my bronzer or eyeshadow breaks and it almost always happens when I travel.

But now I have Pinterest to save the day!  Thanks to Allison at Petit Elefant for this great tip!!  Allison, grab yourself a button if you'd like!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Definitely check our her tutorial, her photos are sooo much better than mine!! Her makeup is also more expensive, so no wonder she came up with this great solution.  Mine's a cheapy from Target - don't judge!
 
So, here's what I started with.  A small, broken sad little container of blush and some rubbing alcohol.


I put it in a plastic bag and used a spoon to crush what was still intact.


Then, using a syringe, I added a little bit of the rubbing alcohol.  I didn't measure or anything (you're not surprised though are you?)


I pushed it down with a quarter, but ended up using my fingers (messy!) I'd also say, based on this photo, that I used too much rubbing alcohol!


Here's the final product after about 24 hours!  Awesome!

 

3 comments:

  1. Great way to salvage that smooshed make up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous tip! Thanks for sharing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know this is probably one of my 1st repins and I have yet to try this. I have several broken make up containers just itching to be fixed. Maybe I can finally get around to doing this now I know that it actually works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment & say something dramatic (you know you want to)! I may not always reply, but I read and cherish every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...